Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Want To See

MicMacs

Jean-Pierre Jeunet has a new film coming out called MicMacs. I think it has some potential, I always love Jeunet's styling and cinematography and dark comedy.

Here is the trailer for MicMacs.



It has a lot of the same styling and actors that he has in all his films that started off with Delicatessen, which was made nearly 20 years ago. Which is pretty amazing, if you were to have someone to watch that film and then ask them what year it was made they would probably say 2001 instead of 1991. I would love to be on some of Jeunet's sets, I would love to see that imaginative world come to life.

Here is a short clip from Delicatessen, but their are better clips on youtube that wont let me embed them here.



As with Delicatessen Jeunet teamed up again with Marc Caro to make the amazing film City of Lost Children. Very odd, very amazing film. If Terry Gilliam has great things to say about a film you know it will blow your mind.



 Then of course is Jeunet's masterpiece Amelie. One of my favorite movies of all time, and one of my favorite sound tracks of all time, overall one of the greatest things since sliced bread.



So far Jeunet has been averaging a movie about every five years. It would be great if he came out with a move more often but I'm sure what he does is not easy and he would rather take his time then rush projects into production. Hopefully we get one or two more great films out of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment