Monday, March 29, 2010

Uwajimystery #6

Fish Sausage
(oh god)

This weeks Uwijimystery is an odd item. An item I was a little reluctant to even buy, let alone try. Fish Sausage, yes, fish in sausage form. Now I like my fish, and I like my sausage, but this unholy union is unacceptable. Its combining two good things to create one completely nasty thing. You might as well make some Fish Ice Cream while your at it, but please don't.


Now it says it's "Delicious Hot Or Cold" I beg to differ. What it really should say is "Best If Not Eaten At All" or "Ha Ha Dumbass, You Just Bought Some Fish Sausage"



It should be a clear sign not to eat an item if that item warns you its safe to eat that item even if there is something in that item that may seem odd but reassures you its normal. So, don't worry about those black spots, its "just" fish skin. Whew, I was worried there for a moment because I though that those little black spots might be something I don't want to eat, but its just fish skin. What the hell else is in this sausage? What exact part of the fish is used.


Rape oil you say?


Looks quite similar to a hot dog. Don't fall for it, its a trap.


Without the wrapper it's a pink rubber eraser like round mystery meat piece of fish turd.


Little black dots, don't worry, its just fish skin.


Cut in half it looks even more like a pink eraser. I would compare the consistency to rubber, plain and simple rubber. Its not like any food I have come across. Its nothing like any sausage or hot dog I have eaten. It has a generic fish taste to it and not much else. Does it taste good, hell no. Did I swallow, oh god no. I tried both preparing methods. Cold, cold fish like rubber. Hot, warm fish like rubber. Heating up the fish sausage did relax the rubber like binder of the sausage and it was much more flaccid like. I'm sure a lot of people eat and probably enjoy fish sausage, I'm not one of them. To me it's one of those things I wish I could go back in time and un-invent. God, the taste is still in my mouth.

3 comments:

  1. I bet these would be excellent added to cheesy potatoes. If you can't finish the package, Jay would like them to add to food storage along with the peanuts in soup please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is brilliant! I can not wait to see what you find next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stuff isn't usually eaten by itself. It's either cut up and used with dipping sauces or use in soups or in noodle dishes. I hope it didn't take three years for someone to tell you this before I did, and I know there are better fish products like these that are better to eat.... under different brand labels.

    ReplyDelete