Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thrifty #7

 Books


This weeks thrifty post  is about all the various books I find. If you can't find anything else good at the goodwill or value village its a pretty good bet you can at least find one good book. The great thing is that they are fairly cheap. I usually go to the art book section first where I sometimes find some great old metalworking or woodworking books. Second to the art book section is the reference or history section where I can usually find a great book with a lot of interesting pictures in it. I then usually brows the classical and poetry section for anything interesting then on to the fiction. I have a hard time picking out a great novel to read. I am really bad at not judging a book by its cover. I usually just try and find books that I have heard about.

Its great that these books get a second life in my home, some of them I wonder why anyone would want to get rid of. I am thinking of posting a list of all the books I have. I think I might create a tab up there in the header that you can click on for my library list. I think I might create a few different tabs that will bring you to various sorted lists of things such as my themed blog posts or other things.


 Anyway, I am always looking for new books to add to my library, I just need to add more shelf space for my library. For some reason I just don't feel comfortable placing books in storage, I like to have them accessible and to keep all that collective knowledge next to each other. If you see anything you want to borrow just let me know, I can get you signed up for a Ian Gill Library card.

No comments:

Post a Comment