Wednesday, January 4, 2012

4


How To Cook A Wolf

One of my Christmas gifts to Carmel was a dinner out to the restaurant How To Cook A Wolf up on top of Queen Anne. It's a restaurant that we have both been wanting to go to but never gotten around to mostly because it's a little pricy so I decided a Christmas gift would be the perfect excuse. They server family style so we decided to get three dishes to share along with a bottle of wine. We started off with a bottle of Giovanna Madonia Sagiovese di Romagna to go along with an appetizer consisting of the Meat Board which included Jamon Serrano, Lomo Iberico, Guanciale, we both decided that Lomo Iberico was our favorite with Jamon Serrano coming up second. We then got the Potato Gnocchi with Cauliflower, Taggiasca Olive, Mint. The Gnocchi was fried a little bit and had a great crisp crust to it, the Cauliflower was also amazing in this dish. After that we got the Beef Short Rib with Parsnip Puree, Bacon, Brussels Sprouts. I have to say this was my favorite and probably one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life. The Beef Short Rib was so tender it literally melted in your mouth. The Brussels Sprouts would have made any Brussels Sprouts hater drool, and the Parsnip Puree was so creamy and delicious. There is only one picture I can think of that puts this meal into perspective.



I wish I could eat like that every day. I wish I could take Carmel out to a meal like that every day but for now it might just have to be a Christmas thing. If you have a chance I would definitely try How To Cook A Wolf.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had some beef short rib for breakfast. I wonder if they do take out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to go there for a couple of years but haven't gotten around to it. I always remember during Seattle Restaurant Week. I bet you could afford to go then and Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete