Wednesday, January 11, 2012

11

Hand Drill

I recently bought a "new" hand drill at the Fremont Market. My old hand drill was starting to wear out so when I saw this one I knew I had to get it. This new one is even older then my old one but it is built like a tank. I haven't been able to pin point the drills date but the company that made it was the Granit Tool Comp. and was made in either Germany or New York. Whenever it was made, this thing was built to last. It has a really smooth action and the gears look almost brand new. It has either not been used that much or it was really well taken care of. I'm sure I will have it for many years.

Hand Drill

Hand Drill

Hand Drill

Hand Drill

Hand Drill

Hand Drill

I use a hand drill mostly because I like the feel and control it gives me when I'm working on small pieces. A power drill can quickly damage a piece. I use this drill with all my rings to drill at least one hole and on a lot of my pendants as well. Pretty much the only power tool I use to make my rings is a dremel, if I could only find a hand powered dremel then I would be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment