Thursday, January 26, 2012

26


Away She Went

IMG_5322

I drove Carmel to the airport today, and now she's gone. This day was long in coming and I don't think it has fully hit me that I won't see her for a long time, in person anyway. It's going to take awhile to get use to the fact that she is gone. It's sad she is gone but it is a good thing what she is doing so I'm happy about that. If you want to read more about her journey you can read her blog here: http://averitableocean.blogspot.com/

I'm going to have to try and remember how to live without her being here in person. These past few weeks we have been living like this day was the last day on earth slowly approaching. It has been a fun few weeks, to go along with the amazing year we spent together. Now it's almost like she's in prison or something, with really spread out and expensive visiting hours. I have a lot more to reflect and absorb before write more about how I feel about this whole situation. I'm still trying to remind myself that she won't walk in the door any second. So, sorry for this probably vague and random post.

I'm going to post more about this in the next few months and also about my planed journey to her next summer.

Here is a video I put together of Carmel's going away part from last weekend, lots of dancing and drinking.


*no rugs were ruined in the making of this video

1 comment:

  1. Look on the bright side - at least no one is stealing your laundry quarters now. I hope. :D

    ReplyDelete