Sunday, January 1, 2012

1

A New Year

Well here we are in 2012. I have decided that my New Years resolution is to do two things. The first is to blog each day, the second is to make a ring each day.

This is a bold quest for me as I have not been blogging consistently for at least 6 months. I find blogging a great release of things that I gather but wen I don't blog for awhile I find myself at a loss as to how to start up again. I like to blog and share things. I hope that making myself blog every day will force me to seek out and find new things to blog and share about. I think I may bring back a few of my previous formats such as Thrifty Thursday or Settlement Sunday and others. I hope that blogging each day will give me a chance to sit down for a brief time each day and give it some reflection.

My second goal for this year is to make a wood ring each day and post it on my Etsy. I hope to do this as a way to keep me motivated to make things and to help me focus on me making my own work. I'm sure I will also make other things of my own and sometimes make more then one ring each day. I will though have one ring each day that is dedicated to the day and post it as such in my Etsy shop. I have already posted the first ring of the year here.

Well this has been a fairly short post but I just wanted to start out and share just what I hope and plan on doing in the next 12 months. I hope I can stick with it and who knows, maybe after this year I will never want to blog or make a wood ring ever again but we will see.

ps. another resolution I have is to get either a new computer of fix the keypad on this one because the h keeps sticking so if I missed any sorry, the b and 0 are pretty close beind.

No comments:

Post a Comment