Monday, March 14, 2011

Settlement Sunday #9


This weeks Settlement Sunday is Beer Soup. Just in time for St. Patrick's Day. I decided to use Guinness Extra Stout in my soup. I was not really sure how it would turn out or even what it would look like when it did. Here is how it went together.


I think I made it right, I drank some of the extra ingredients. I'm guessing the beaten egg whites are suppose to look like the head of a beer in the soup. The consistency is a little strange in the soup. I was actually surprised at the flavor of the soup, it tasted similar to beef stalk. It would be a great soup on a cold night. I'm sure different beers will give different results so it may take some experimenting to come up with the perfect beer soup but I'm ready to take the time and years of hard work necessary to find it.

I stocked up on some Guinness for this recipe, I don't think it will last until St. Patrick's day though.


I even have one of the mini bottles and pint glasses they make for the Leprechaun in Ireland.


St. Patrick's day is on a Thursday this year, so some beer soup might be the thing you can bring to work for lunch to help you get through the day.

Previous Settlement Sundays

1 comment:

  1. Looks pretty good up until you add the egg whites...nasty! I might give this a whirl on Thursday and make some additions with beef an veggies.

    ReplyDelete