Monday, March 7, 2011

Settlement Sunday #8


 For this weeks Settlement Sunday I decided to go with something easy because I had a pretty tiring weekend. I choose to make the recipe for Baked Sausage because it really looks simple and really good. I thought it would go pretty quick and making it did go fast but baking it took quite a while. The recipe is not really clear on what size dish you should use. I basically chose my dish based on the size of the dough when I patted it down to 1/2 an inch think like it said. If I make this again I will use a dish about twice the size, or bake it at a lower temperature and for longer. When I followed the recipe and checked it at 15 minutes, the top had a nice brown to it but the dough and sausage was still pretty raw inside. I then covered it and placed it back in the oven at 350 degrees for another 40 minutes or so until it was clearly done. It still came out tasting really great, it just took longer then I expected.

Here's how it went together


I served it up with some leftover homemade mashed potatoes with kale that I had. The sausage I used was some chicken with pineapple and soy sauce that I got from whole foods. It has really great flavor where it meets the biscuit and where it crisped a little bit on the sides of the dish. This is a really simple recipe and the biscuit dough is a lot simpler to make then you would think. Over all it took me less then 20 minutes to prepare. If you are going to make this dish just remember to either use a larger baking dish or bake at a lower temperature for longer. It does go great with mashed potatoes as well.


Previous Settlement Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment