Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Watch This

Enter The Void

Every so often I watch a film that totally blows my mind. Enter The Void is one such film. It is like nothing I have ever seen before. I had never even heard of this movie before I saw it on netflix and even then I spent some time browsing past it. The description for the film on netflix does not do it justice. Before I go on talking about this film you should get some context by watching the trailer.


You start off the film viewing the world through Oscar's eyes, literally through his eyes. You see what he sees, you hear what he thinks, you even see what he sees when he closes his eyes. There is no scene cut for the first 20min of the film, all the way up to his death. After he is killed you watch the world through Oscars soul. You watch as he visits certain people, relives past events, and wanders through the city. It really is to hard to describe what each of the scenes are like, it just nothing I've ever seen before.

I'm pretty sure this film is not for every one. It's probably a film you are either going to love or hate. It's fairly slow, it more of a visual film then filled with great dialog or acting. Maybe like me you will sit with you jaw dropped the whole time or maybe you will cringe over and over again. I still think you should check it out. It's available to view on netflix streaming. Let me know what you think of this film, or if you have any suggestions for films like this that I should also check out.

This will probably become the new movie I will regularly start watching late at the night, most likely drunk, and fall asleep to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment