Monday, February 21, 2011

Settlement Sunday #6


This weeks Settlement Sunday is a classic American-Chinese dish Chop Suey. It is basically the fruit cake of Chinese food where the chef just brushes everything left over off of the counter and cooks it up. It's simple, cheap, and also pretty tasty and fulfilling.


This dish is pretty great. I doubled the amount of Chinese Sauce though, 1 tablespoon just doesn't make it Chinesey enough for me. Also if you just add some noodles you have some Chow Mein. Overall a good quick simple dish.

Also as you might tell from the video I'm mostly just playing around trying different stop motion techniques. Because of that I don't really have a good idea of just how long it takes to prepare this recipe. It took me an hour to cut up every thing but it will probably take you less time seeing how you're not cutting one slice then taking a picture over and over again. I've always like stop motion and being able to try different things each week is pretty fun.

I'll be eating this for a while.


Previous Settlement Sundays

2 comments:

  1. This was an awesome video. And looked delish. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks *so* delicious. I'll definitely be trying this recipe out!

    ReplyDelete