Monday, January 10, 2011

Settlement Sunday #1


I'm starting a new post based off of the cook book I found a while back, The Settlement Cook Book. I've been looking through this book a lot the past week and I already have about 10 recipes that I want to try out. There are some that are pretty odd, but I decided to start out with a simple sure bet, peanut butter cup cakes.

Here is the recipe if you want to copy and past it.

Peanut Butter Cup Cakes
 1/2 cup butter 
2 eggs, beaten 
1 1/2 cups brown sugar 
1/2 cups cake flower 
1/2 cup peanut butter 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
 1 teaspoon vanilla 
2 teaspoons baking powder 
2/3 cup milk
Cream butter, add sugar, continue creaming. Add peanut butter and cream well. Add vanilla and eggs, beating well. Add flour, sifted with salt and baking powder, alternately with the milk. Bake in muffin tins or paper muffin cups, in moderate oven(350 degree) oven about 30 minutes. Frost with any Chocolate Frosting, page 409.
Simple strait forward recipe, I decided  to just do the plain cup cakes and skip the chocolate frosting on this try. Here is the making of video.


And here is the end result.


Nice, fluffy, peanut buttery cup cakes. It makes about 15 cup cakes of this size. This is a great recipe on its own but you could expand it with many creative fillings and toppings. This is a definite keeper. Excuse me while I go have another.

No comments:

Post a Comment