Monday, March 28, 2011

Settlement Sunday #10


This weeks Settlement Sunday recipe is a simple old timey one, Soft Molasses Cookies. It goes together fairly easily, it probably goes together really easy if you have a mixer. I don't have a mixer and as you can see in the video when I creamed the butter I actually snapped one of my spatulas. So it's good to have a strong spatula or a mixer, and I'm assuming most people have mixers. I would also recommend using plenty of flour when kneading and rolling out the dough, it's really soft and sticky because of the molasses. Here's how it went together for me.


The cookies are really soft and have a nice subtle taste of molasses. It's almost like a mild gingerbread cookie. The icing is really good as well, the cookies are also great just plain. Like I said before, these are probably really easy to make if you have a mixer. It's a great recipe if you have a bunch of molasses that you want to use up, that's kind of why I picked it. I had a big bottle that I bought for a previous recipe but only used a few tablespoons. Either if you need to use up some molasses or just want to try something new you should defiantly try these out sometime.

Previous Settlement Sundays

1 comment:

  1. So it looks like you need a new spatula? Next time I'll make sure it has a wooden handle. Those look really good.

    ReplyDelete