Monday, February 14, 2011

Settlement Sunday #5


This weeks Settlement Sunday I decided to find something Valentines themed to do. There was not much to choose from that had any sort of connection to love romance or the like. I basically had three options that I could fine, Chocolate Balls. Chocolate Sausage, and Date Bars. So I went with Date Bars.


I usually don't like nuts in many of my sweets but it works well in these. The powered sugar is also key as the nuts and dates themselves are not all that sweet even with the cup of sugar. The bars are fairly dense and moist and you get a good combination of the nuts and dates coming through in the taste. I would give this recipe an B+, meaning there pretty good, but not great.


Previous Settlement Sundays

1 comment:

  1. I would give these bars an A because they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete