Monday, February 1, 2010

Perfect Timing

So I spent the weekend up on Whidbey Island in a little beach house on Mutiny Bay. Sarah and Jay had rented this place when the final signing on their house was delayed for a few days when they already had everything they owned packed up. This was kind of perfect timing for me because it had been awhile since I had spent time away from the city and it was starting to get to me. So the whole weekend was pretty much spent lounging around eating and drinking watching the water, putting together a puzzle, watching a few movies, and just enjoying the quietness and slow pace of that area. I remember sitting on the deck and just listening to the quietest quiet I had heard in a long time.

We also took a little trip to Fort Casey and explored around a bit. They had refinished the concrete on one side of the fort, it looked almost new but I like the look of the aged concrete and rust and decay. I love the textures that the decay and time create. They also seemed to have more opened up and there were a few things I had never seen before so that was pretty cool. It had been over a year since I had been up to Casey which I think I need to make a point of getting up there more often, I love it there.


Later in the night I was playing around with some glow sticks I had found earlier at the drug store in Freeland. It was too light out to get some real dramatic affects plus I was a little drunk to set things up perfectly but I still got some great shots.

Anyway it was an awesome weekend and I think it was just what I needed, perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment