Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Paris, Texas



Paris, Texas

This is another movie I started watching not knowing anything about it. The opening scene is of a man wandering through the desert. Throughout the progression of the film you slowly learn why this man has been wandering for 4 years. I loved the styling of this movie, it's often wide shots of barren Texas or sprawling Los Angeles. I think this movie really captures the time it was filmed, its very dated but in a good way. I would recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys a film with good dialog and doesn't get board easily with a film. I don't want to share to much about it, I would love for you to watch this with no knowledge of what will unfold. I find this is a much more enjoyable way to watch a movie for the first time.

Also this movie has Dean Stockwell in it. Remember Al from Quantum leap? Remember Quantum Leap? And like in Quantum Leap he always seems to be smoking in every scene. I wonder if he had some sort of contract with big tobacco.

Here is the opening scene to the movie.


Here is another great clip from the movie, from a completely random scene.



Now go and watch this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment