Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Wish This Was My American Life

I loved the episode of This American Life this week the one about the house on loon lake. I would love to discover something like that. I would love to explore and figure out a mystery like that. There are probably not many abandoned places like that anymore. I love forgotten places and things. I love discovering something that has been overlooked and left behind.

Its true that someones trash is another mans treasure. Some people only care about the new the next thing, they easily discard perfectly good things. I love collecting those old things that might be old, but they still work well and will probably last longer then anything made today. Things today are made to be replaced, there are not many things that are built to last.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. I loved the mystery of this episode. I love radio stories like this. Its so much better to just hear the sound and create your own image then just watching something unravel on a screen. Its so much more interesting unraveling in my own mind. I wish there were more radio programs like this, but I know its a dying medium, which is sad.

Here are some pictures of the things they found in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment