Saturday, February 26, 2011

Vacation


Seaside

I spent a few days this last week relaxing by the beach down in Seaside Oregon. The weather was perfect in that it changed about every hour from strong winds and hail to sunny clear skies. If you timed it right you could get a good walk on the beach in the sun then head back to the house and sit in a nice cozy chair and watch the rain and hail pound the windows. The second morning I was there we woke up to snow which was pretty amazing on the beach. The snow and the color of the sky just as the sun was coming up was incredible, you felt as if you were walking in a painting.

Here are a few photos I clicked while I was there.


Here are all 875 photos and few minutes of video I took while I was there set to Blue Turning Grey by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.


I left Seaside Thursday night a little bit before 7pm to head back up to Seattle. It had snowed that morning but mostly melted throughout the day. It was a little sketchy driving at times, going over the Astoria bridge was the most eeriest. It started snowing pretty heavy for a little bit after I got over the bridge and there was a lot of snow on the road at times but after a few miles the snow let up and the roads were dry all the way until Olympia which was a huge mess. The freeway was covered in snow and ice, there was a line of trucks about three miles long headed south all stopped and putting on chains. It was pretty slow going for a few miles but the closer I got to Seattle the better it got. It took me about 4 hours to get home, which is about an hour faster then it took me this summer when I drove back up from Astoria with all the traffic. It will probably be a drive I'll remember for a long time. Driving on the 101 was almost dreamy with snow covered trees on both sides reflecting the headlights of my truck causing everything to become illuminated. Its always great to get away and have a little adventure every once and a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment