Friday, April 30, 2010

Thrifty #10

Stuff In Books

I tend to buy at least one book every time I go to Goodwill or value village. You can often find some amazing things and they are always so cheap. Sometimes you can find some hidden things inside of those books that people have left there. Here are a few examples of things I have found in books.

I found a book on the North Woods and inside was an envelope labeled: To Dad


Inside the envelope was a letter.


Now I don't know if this letter was given to this dad along with the book or the letter was placed in the book from something separate.

I found an amazing book done for a show that was at the Seattle Art Museum back in the 70's called Northwest Traditions.


This must have been sent to a donnor or someone associated with the museum because on the inside was this letter that must have accompanied the book in the mail.


Anyone know a Peggy Aspinall?


The last book I will share is One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest that looks like it was written in by someone inside the cuckoo's nest.


This book is filled with these little doodles and small reminders and notations on almost every page. Some of them clearly relate to the story but others are completely random.

I haven't gone through every single book I have bought page by page so maybe there are other strange or amazing things that are just waiting for me to discover. Hopefully I find some money stashed away in one.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe this was Peggy's husband...http://www.leppertmortuary.com/services.aspx?ID=978
    Funny that searching for her on pipl.com brings up your blog post.

    ReplyDelete