Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Recommending You Watch

Big Rig

I watched the documentary Big Rig last week and I found it fairly interesting. I think one of the goals of this film was to open up our eyes to the trucker culture and maybe even quash the belief that all truckers are racist rednecks. I think this film actually enforced the belief that most truckers are racist rednecks, at least some of the people they interviewed were. It was also interesting hearing from almost every one they interviewed their belief that the government was trying to tell them what to do and was taking away their freedom and independence. They did interview a wide range of people from all over the country, some that will surprise you and others you can read like a book from the first second. 

My favorite part and what seemed to make the move from me was the interview from Jacek. He seemed to be the only one who could see the job for what it was. Everyone else seemed to have a lot of personal baggage they took with them on the road. 



If you like documentaries I would recommend this film. Its a fairly easy watch and you get to meet all sorts of interesting characters.

Here is the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment