Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Looking Forward To Watching


The Pacific

I watched the first part in the new HBO series The Pacific. I probably wont watch the rest until they come out on DVD seeing how I don't have a way to watch HBO on a regular basis and I don't want to watch the series out of order. I was a little hesitant at first when I watched the preview. When it comes to WWII movies the pacific theater always seems to get the short end of the stick. Take Saving Private Ryan vs. Pear Harbor. Maybe because the pacific theater was so broad and complex that its hard to make a movie about it. Although there was The Thin Red Line which people seem to either love or hate, I loved. Then there was Letters from Iwo Jima that came out a little while back and was pretty amazing but then there was Flags of my Father which was terrible and also Windtalkers which was even worse. I think my favorite WWII pacific theater move is Empire of the Sun. Maybe this new series Pacific will spur some new inspiration for some films. I think I'm so interested in the pacific theater during WWII because that's where my grandfather was. He was at Pearl Harbor and pretty much every major conflict during the war.

Here is the preview for the new HBO series The Pacific.

No comments:

Post a Comment