Monday, April 19, 2010

Uwajimystery #9


Cheetos
(sort of)

This weeks Uwajimystery is Cheetos, mysteriously flavored Japanese Cheetos to be exact.


They appear to be genuine Cheetos made by Frito Lay. The flavoring appears to be from another product giving the Cheetos a speckled coloring rather then the neon orange powder like the normal Cheetos, the way god intended them to be.  Also what is up with the dude in his underwear riding a raft?


Upon opening the package the first smell is somewhat sweet and a little salty. Nothing all to unpleasing but also nothing that really stands out to just what the flavoring is. The first taste is somewhat sweet as well but then that mysterious flavor comes at the end, seaweed. It is an odd paring of salty and sweet. Having a Cheeto as the carrier of this combination is not all that great as well. I'm really not to sure of what to make of this product. I still can't wrap my head around the combination of the smell and the taste.


Do I recommend Seaweed Cheetos? I guess if your a Cheeto fanatic and you want to experience Cheetos in all their forms go right ahead. For me if I want to eat some Cheetos I will stick to the chemical orange cheese kind. I wonder what other kind of Cheetos exist our there in the world.

1 comment: