Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Settlement Sunday #15



It's been awhile since I've done a Settlement Sunday post and really steadily blogged in general. I'm planning on starting up again posting more but i just need to get back into the swing of things. I decided for this weeks recipe to take advantage of all the blackberries growing right outside my door. I was able to get just enough by digging deep into the bushes. Last year the blackberries were terrible but it seems that this year turned out ok. I picked the first round and it looks like there will be ripening berries for the next month or so.

So with all these blackberries I looked through the cookbook and found a few recipes for jam and then there was this blackberry roll which is basically a jelly roll but with black berries.

Here's how it went together.


It says to place it in a hot oven, i took hot to be about 350 or so, but I guess hot is more like around 400-450 because it took a lot longer then 20 min to bake. It all turned out good though. The dough had a nice crisp to it on top and soaked up a lot of the berry juice below. It seemed like I added a lot of sugar but in the end it wasn't overly sweet. This would be great with some cool whip or some vanilla ice cream. It's a quick and simple recipe if you have a whole bunch of blackberries that you need something to do with.


Previous Settlement Sundays

1 comment:

  1. That thing is SCREAMING for some Tillamuck vanilla bean ice cream! Yum, hope I get enough blackberries to make it but I don't have page 67.

    ReplyDelete