Tuesday, March 20, 2012

80

Custom Bands

I've made a few custom bands for people. I like the process of matching different sizes of rings, it's like a little challenge. I like making custom rings in general that people ask me to. Some people know exactly what ring they would like in my shop, they just want it in a certain size. Other people have a fairly vague idea of what they want and leave a lot of it up to me. One of the challenges for matching rings is the wood. Wood is consistently inconsistent when it comes to grain. It's one of the things that makes a wood ring so special. The grain it like a finger print, there is only one like it. Some woods come really close between blanks, others I have to fish through and guess which one will come out looking the most like it. It's always a problem when I run out of a certain wood stock that I was making rings from, and then someone wants a ring from that stock. I guess that's just one of the challenges and fun things about making wood rings. Every ring is unique and trying to match them is a challenge.

So far I think I've made around 4 matching bands for people. I think I'm going to advertise this more in my shop. I don't really state that this is something I'm willing to do in my shop. Maybe this will become another aspect to my ring making. I've been doing pretty well sales wise in my shop this year, but one of my goals it to increase sales every month for this year. I have a few ideas for next month that should help draw attention that I will share in a post probably in a few days. I'm hoping my sales continue to be strong. I'm really starting to feel in a very productive mode right now. Most of all of my days are spent working but right now I'm really liking that. I'm starting to really see that my efforts are paying off.

Here are some pictures of  a few of the custom matching bands that I've made.



1 comment:

  1. I guess your sales have gotten so good you've gotten all cocky and think you're the Ring Nazi. When do I come off the banned list?

    ReplyDelete