Friday, March 2, 2012

62

Take Forever

The valentines box I sent Carmel over 3 weeks ago finally got to her today. I paid for rush shipment but somehow it got lost or forgotten either at the post office or the reception desk in South Africa, either way it finally made its way to her. Now that she has it I'm going to share another thing I sent to her.

I made her a picture frame to go along with a bunch of pictures that I took the last few months she was in Seattle. I made the picture frame out of padauk to match the photo box that I made for her for christmas.

Out of the rough stock I cut out simple forms that would overlap each other on all four corners. It looks pretty simple but it took awhile to cut out all the pieces to make sure it would all fit together.



I then just glued it together and added a few brass tacks on the corners to give it some strength and some bedazzle.


Here is the picture box I made for her or christmas. (taken by Carmel in South Africa)



 Here are the two sitting together


 She also got the top I sent, which spins, but probably in the other direction as mine though because of that whole coriolis effect thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment