Tuesday, March 13, 2012

73

Door

We were moving a few things around in the studio today and one of the old bathroom doors from the bar that use to be on the corner turned up. I think this door must have last seen action back in the early 90's. Have a look for your self.

This is the outside of the door.

IMG_6348

If it's hard to read I'll transcribe for you, up near the top it says in Spanish "Viva Grecia! -Alfonso" which I think translates to "Long Live Greece". Or maybe grease, I'm not 100% sure. Below that it says "use toilet paper (stupid)". Then we have 2 warning stickers, one which seems to be misleading stating there is "NON-Flammable gas" the other warns to "stow away from foodstuffs".  The center gives us a stern warning to "DO NOT USE TOWEL PAPER To wipe your (ass, maybe, I'm just assuming)" this appears to be coming from "The Nanandgenent". Then we have the pièce de résistance, Bart Simpson saying "Don't have a cow, man!" which can be called the American sister phrase to Englands Keep Calm and Carry On.

Here is the inside of the door. I don't think I'll transcribe anything from here, I'll let you zoom in on your own and find little treasures, there are plenty.

IMG_6359

Here are a few closer looks as a few areas.

IMG_6364

IMG_6367

IMG_6368

IMG_6369

I have a feeling the best thing to do to this door would be to burn it, either that or send it to the Smithsonian.

1 comment:

  1. Why'd you have to scribble out the phone numbers? They could still be good and some of your blog readers might have wanted them.

    ReplyDelete