Saturday, March 17, 2012

77

Dinner

I didn't do much for St. Patrick's day this year. I hate going out to a bar on St. Patrick's because everyone seems to try and drink like an irish man, and fail. It's really just become another holiday that people have the excuse to go out and drink as much as they can. Then end of the night is always the worse too, when there are people in the streets looking like the girl from the exorcist puking up green beer. Also, green beer? What the hell does that have to do with anything.

Anyway, I guess the only thing I did for St. Patrick's day this year this year was make myself a good dinner. Which I guess isn't that special because I make myself a dinner like this most nights of the week. But tonight I bought a nice garlic and herb lamb patty. With that I made some mashed potatoes, broiled asparagus, and some sauteed mushrooms.



It was good. I've been doing asparagus and mushrooms a lot lately. My asparagus recipe is really simple. I just put a little oil and salt over the asparagus in a sauce pan and cook until it's about half done then I finish it off in the broiler until they just start to brown on the outside. My mushrooms are just as easy too. I take around 10 small to medium sized white mushrooms and quarter them. I then place them in a small sauce pan with about 1 tablespoon of butter, some worcestershire sauce, a dash or salt and paprika. I then cover it and let it sit on medium heat until most of the moisture is gone, then i remove the lid and finish them on high constantly stirring for about a minute. They turn out great every time.

I really like cooking a dinner like this. I find that i usually don't take the time to cook a nice meal for breakfast or lunch but for dinner I will take the time to put something together, even if I'm cooking late into the night. Having a finished meal like this in front of you after a long day is really satisfying. This St. Patrick's day meal was a good one, much better then last years Beer Soup.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, that looks so good. Will you make me that some time when I'm home?

    ReplyDelete