Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What I'm Up To

Shootin' The Moon

I'm going to start the relaunch of my Etsy shop probably this weekend. First I'm going to shut it down and re-post all the items currently in there with new pictures and descriptions. I'm also going to be adding a bunch of new items over the next few weeks. I have been working hard on new items and new designs. I'm hoping that all this work pays off. I really need to start selling items, especially this month. I'm kind of going for broke and I hope it pays off. If it doesn't, it might be back to a normal person job.

Here are a few of the things I've been working on.

This is a simple copper inlay.


Here you can see the progression of the material.


Here is a lens pendant. I have a bunch of lenses that I have collected that I'm going to use for a bunch of these designs. Each lens is slightly different and gives you a unique view when you look through it.


The back is a piece of copper that both acts as a way to hold the lens in place and as a way to hang from a necklace. The screws hold the copper in place and go all the way through the wood where they are sanded smooth giving it a riveted look on the front.


The view through the lens.

These are two pieces I've had done for a while but have waited to post, they are spindle motors from hard drives cast in resin. There is also a copper tube that was set in the resin making it simple to hang. 


Here is a look at just what you can expect in my shop over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Love your work! I'm excited to see what you come up with. I need a need a lens and screws against my neck for sure!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete