Sunday, July 25, 2010

What I Was Up To

Alderbrook Station

This weekend I went down to Astoria to help with an instillation at Alderbrook Station. I mostly helped finish up the piece then became a parking attendant/bartender. Not exactly the kind of work I like doing. Usually at art openings I like to stand back in the shadows and actually look at and enjoy the work. Anyways, it was good to get a little bit of work, even though it was three hours away, and five hours back today.

Alderbrook Station is an old gillnet shed on the Columbia River. Its one of the few surviving and has been restored and maintained to be used for art instillation, studio space, and other various things. You can see their facebook page here.

Here are some pictures that I took while I was down there.

1 comment: