Sunday, January 2, 2011

Top 10(11)


Top 10(11) Movies Of 2010

Just to let you know this top 10 list goes up to 11. These are the top 11 movies that I watched in 2010. They were not all necessarily made in 2010 but these are the ones I enjoyed watching the most over the past year. I actually have a large list when I sat down and wrote out all the movies I could remember watching in 2010 and I'm sure I probably missed a few, and maybe even one or two that would make this list, but these are the ones that stuck with me.

In order starting from 11 going down to what I thought was the best movie I watched in 2010.

11. Antichrist - This movie is as shocking and disturbing as it is beautiful, and it is a very beautiful and well done film. Watch with caution, when you see the lead actress grab a piece of firewood, close your eyes. Mom, skip this one.

10. The Hurt Locker - Eye opening, suspenseful, very well filmed.

9. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Great mystery, always keeping you guessing, characters are great, sometimes shocking but altogether great story.

8. Moon - This movie is a great throwback to they heyday of space sci-fi films. Great twist to the story as well.

7. Hunger - This movie is also as shocking as it is beautiful, some of the most well set up and shot scenes I have ever seen are in this movie. You should defiantly watch this film, but be prepared to cringe.

6.Mulholland Drive - Twisting, deep, dark. This movie is almost impossible to figure out so what's best to do is just sit back and enjoy the ride, this movie contains the greatest collection of somewhat random scenes ever.

5. Departures - This is just a great story of a man dealing with an unexpected change in his life. Funny, sad, moving.

4. Paris, Texas - Even though this movie is almost as old as I am, I watched it for the first time this past year. This movie is filed with amazing scenes with even more amazing dialog.

3. Where The Wild Things Are - Amazing, that's pretty much sums this movie up.

2. La Moustache - Mind blowing WTF. You watch as a mans world slowly unravels.

1. Inception - One of the more original big blockbuster movies I've seen in a long time. I've sat thinking about this movie and just what the possibilities would be if such a thing that happens in this movie ever becomes reality. Being able to enter and control our own dream worlds would truly open up a whole new world to us, the ability to create endlessly with no constraints is something that I think most people would love to be able to do. The way this film shows the dreamworld is really well done, this was the best film I watched this year.

Well there you have it, I watched a lot of movies in 2010 so here are also some honerable mentions:
12
Flame and Citron
The Vanishing
District 9
Inglorious Bastards
Bass Ackwards
Zombieland
The Village Barbershop
The Kite Runner
The Horseman
Precious
Shutter Island
Valhalla Rising

No comments:

Post a Comment