Saturday, April 7, 2012

98

Wood Origin

Working with all the woods I do it's easy to forget just where that piece of wood came from. I work with many exotic woods that come from all over the world. When I start working with a new type of wood I will look up just what that woods properties are, but mostly just glance over where it came from and what kind of tree it came from. I thought it would be nice to do a little more in depth research on just where my wood comes from, and just what the tree it comes from looks like.

Guayacan

Location: West Indes, Central America, northern South America



Ebony

Location: Western Africa



Redheart

Location: Southern Mexico to southern Brazil and Paraguay

 Cant seem to find a picture of this tree. 


Tulipwood

Location: Northeastern Brazil



Pink Ivory

Location: Southern Africa



Mopani

Location: Southern Africa

Etosha mopane tree



Tamboti

Location: South African Lowveld and Swaziland

Tamboti Tree, Umfolozi Game Park SA


Osage Orange

Location: Tropical America (West Indies, Central and South America)



Well that's about all I think I will do for now. I would like to map out where all my woods com from. Maybe in a later post I'll create a map showing just where all my woods come from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment