Tuesday, April 10, 2012

100

100

Today is the 100th day of the year. It's also the 100th day that I've made at least one ring each day this year. To mark this point I decided to make a group of 100 rings. I started on the evening of day 99 and worked all through today making rings, I worked for 21 hours strait making rings, so far I've made 72 of the 100 rings, and will finish the rest tomorrow. It's been pretty hard, there were many times I thought that there was not way I was going to be able to keep going. I kept a steady pace of 3-4 rings an hour, depending on the wood. I've also been documenting this process and will be putting together a video once I finish. I'm going to be posting the rings altogether in one lump post. I've been making a wide range of sizes in simple bands then a few designed rings in each wood. The wood I'm using for the rings is Guayacan, Tulipwood, Tamboti, Osage Orange, Mopani, Redheart, and Ebony.

Here are a few sneak peeks of what I'm working on.

Here are all my 100 ring blanks set out

Beginning

A little more then mid way through.

About mid way

No comments:

Post a Comment