Wednesday, April 25, 2012

109


 Front Page

 I've been pretty busy the past few days keeping up with both Etsy and work and life in general. This past Sunday one of my rings made it to the front page of Etsy in this treasury. I was working all day down at the studio and when I got home my inbox was filled with messages from etsy. I sold 5 rings and had messages 6 from people wanting to place custom orders.

It was a pretty good day and I've been having steady increased traffic since. I also received a message from someone that is interested in buying my rings in bulk and selling them in their shop. We're still trying to hash out some sort of deal and I'll share about that if it works out. It would be nice to sell my rings in bulk to someone and have them go through the trouble of selling them, that would be ideal. Not that I don't like etsy, it just takes up a lot of my time to take pictures, then post the listing. It would be nice to just make something, and send it off to someone to put all the work into selling it. If I could just make things that would be great. That's one of my goals, just being able to create and not have to worry about the selling.

It's amazing how much traffic I received from that one treasury. It was on the front page from some time between 8-9pm and in that time the ring received 592 views. I've never really thought of my rings to be all that photogenic like most of the ones you see that make the front page. I generally try to make my photos more utilitarian and try to show what the ring looks like. Even this ring isn't one that I would consider to be all that special, it's just a good simple ring. It's good to see that even the most basic of my rings gets a lot of attention when presented to a lot of people.

 It's nice having increased traffic to my shop out of the blue. This month was starting to have a little bit of a slump and it was looking like I wasn't going to beat last months performance. After today though I have already beat last months sales and with almost another week to go it's looking like it will be a good month.

So far my ring a day project has beat my expectations. The work I put into my Etsy shop every day has been increasingly paying off every month. Every month has been much better then the last. I'm starting to see that if I was to put 100% of my effort into my shop that I could easily and comfortably live off of my own work. This is all done with my own two hands, that's the most satisfying part.





No comments:

Post a Comment