Monday, June 14, 2010

Uwajimystery #13

Tako Chips

This weeks uwajimystery is a bag of Tako Chips, octopus flavored chips that is. Now, I have had and really enjoy shrimp chips and I have tried other sea inspired chips as well so octopus flavored chips is not to surprising. I sort of think most sea creature inspired flaevoring all sort of taste and smell the same, like the sea.


The packaging is pretty good as well as the little octopus shaped chips. One thing I don't get is the why the octopus character is wearing snorkel gear. Looking on the back you can see that the chips get most of their flavor from three things, octopus flavor(how ever they get that), paprika, and red radish powder. The rest is an assortment of wheat, rice and soy. Opening the bag the first thing you smell is something like day old fish that has been in your trash. Its just an overwhelming fish odor. This is the main reason I never smell the bag of shrimp chips when I buy them, its just not a good idea. Individually each chip has a lesser fish smell and when you eat them its lesser still, its more of an after taste. They have an addictive crunchy texture to them and its hard to eat just one.


Do I like octopus flavored chips, yes, I find them just as good as shrimp chips. I don't really get any octopus flavor, although the few times I have eaten octopus I haven't noticed a really strong distinct flavor, it just tastes like the sea. Would I choose octopus chips over potato or tortilla chips, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment