Friday, February 10, 2012

41

Jesus' Son

One of my favorite authors is Denis Johnson, I especially like his collection of short stories called Jesus' Son. It's a collection of stories about the same drifting drug addict which kind of reads like a novel. You read along as he goes over the low point in his life and also as he attempts to recover. I think I like it so much because it is kind of like the story you would hear from some random person you meet in a bar that opens up their whole life to you. It's just one crazy encounter after another. I have the audio book for this too and it's read by Will Patton who does a great job. I also discovered that there was a movie made in 1999 adapted from the book so I just watched that and it does a pretty good job of depicting the feel of the book. I recommend you read the book and watch the movie, they are both good.

No comments:

Post a Comment