Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Of Old

Christmas 1987

Oh boy, I uploaded the video of our Christmas morning that my Dad filmed way back when in 1987.

Some highlights of part one include:

In the beginning my sister sends me and my brother up as scouts to see if it's alright to come up yet, at the 20 second mark you can hear my brother give the all clear.

@ 1:35 You can see me look with envy at my brothers gift because apparently his had a little man and mine didn't

@2:30 I quickly forget about all my new toys and start to play with the candle snuffer

@3:20 Classic forgetting to turn the camera off while walking. It's great though because you get a good view of what the street looked like and there is still an empty lot across from the house which had the newspaper shack where I though the paper boy lived.

@5:00-5:40 you can hear me and my brother yelling at my Grandma to sit down, probably because my mom had told us that we can start opening presents when everyone has sat down.

@6:10 Me: "I want to open my big one now!" My Dad: "You don't get a big one." Me: "Uh huh"

@6:54 My Dad: "Who's it from Ian?" Me:"I DON'T KNOW?" I didn't know how to read yet.

@6:59 Sarah, why the hell are you grabbing my present? HANDS OFF! Seriously WTF.

@6:15 Mom:"The potato head family" Grandpa:"A potato peeler?"

@7:47 Dad: "Is that an old skirt?"

@11:50 Wrinkle cream

@12:50 My sister throws something at me, and my initial defensive reaction is to scream, but I stop mid scream either because she threw some candy at me or I get distracted by my stocking, I can't quite tell.

@13:20 The infamous Australian Plate is mentioned

@14:47 Me looking at a wrapped gift. My Dad: "What is it Ian?" Me: I throw my hand up. My Dad: "Who's it from?" Me: "I DON'T KNOW!


Here are the highlights from part 2

@1:04 My Dad: "Sarah come on were getting hungry."

@2:43 My Grandpa: "A Chinese host considers it their duty to get their guests drunk." My Dad: "It's their duty? In Japan they get their guests laid." My Uncle Dan: "I thought that was Hawaii."

@3:17 Dad: "Don't jump you'll break the floor."

@3:32 NSFW

@4:47 My present I made for my mom. It's not just a piece of wood. This year I also gave my mom a piece of wood for Christmas.

@9:20 Pants, and I quote "I hate these pants" I still hate corduroy.

@11:08 My Dad's present to my Mom is a video cassette cabinet, Just what my Dad always wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment