Friday, October 1, 2010

O.W.T.O.I.W.T.N.

Welding Helmet

I'm getting ready to head up to Blaine to install the border piece. There will be a lot of welding to do up there stitching all the pieces together and I guess LPS felt my old beat up welding helmet wasn't up to the task, so they bought me a new one. I've had my old helmet for around 4 years and I've done a hell of a lot of welding with it, and it does show it, but it still works.

Have a loot at old trusty.






No, the glass is not suppose to look like that. Yes, that is tape. Yes the solar panel is cracked, a lot. It still charges, you can still sort of see through the glass, if anything it offers more protection from the light. The tape is covering holes where pieces of hot metal melted through, but it's pretty good tape and hasn't caught fire yet.

So here is a look at my new helmet.


Pretty fancy eh?


I gave it some eye balls for some extra vision, and  when I lower my hood to take naps people will still think I'm awake.


I put some ninjas on there for some extra protection.



I put some reflective warning stickers on each side just in case I happen to be welding in the street at night where there are aligators and/or tractors, I'll be covered.

In all its a great helmet, looking through the glass on this compared to my old one is kind of like when I put on my glasses for the first time. I can actually see what I'm welding now, which I'm a little worried about, what if not seeing is what made me such a good welder in the first place? Hopefully it will last as long as my old helmet did.

No comments:

Post a Comment