Monday, September 20, 2010

Uwajimystery #16

Green Tea Aero

Well it's been a while since my last Uwajimystery, mostly because I've only been able to afford food that I can actually eat. This weeks uwajimystery is a candy that you usually can't buy in the US, Aero. I remember always getting aero whenever I went up to Canada and also when I was over in Europe. I'm not sure why it's not available more readily in the US. I guess because it's sort of a "light" candy bar, most Americans will have none of that. It is a great marketing ploy and must be a huge profit margin to sell a candy bar that is mostly air. I still like them even though they are mostly air. This particular Aero bar is a little different because it is green tea flavored, and of course being green tea flavored it had to be colored neon green to emphasize that point.


The Japanese seem to love packaging things because inside this large bag is 18 small individually wrapped aero bars.


As suspected the first smell I got when opening this package was of chocolate.


Even when cutting into it I don't really get a green tea smell. Taking the first bite gives that memorable melting fizzle popping feeling of the bubbles but still I don't get any green tea, the chocolate just over powers everything. This is a great little candy, very light and addictive.

1 comment: